Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Best Friends

Hayden has a few toddlers his age that he LOVES to play with...





He enjoys his cousin Haylee, who is only six weeks older than him



He enjoys my best friend's daughter, Autumn, who is three months older than him







These toddlers seem to be able to handle Hayden's energy and rough and tumble nature. They fight over toys together, laugh pearls of laughter reserved for only other toddlers, they even jump from my coffee table to my couch together

But who seems to be getting most of Hayden's attention these days is...

a little...

green...

thing....

Nope, not an alien

but Scout!



Recently, Scout died,as in he needed new batteries, so I picked up batteries during my last excursion at Wal-Mart. When Scout first stopped working I told Hayden that he needed surgery. Hayden loves Scout so much that even when he wasn't working Hayden still played with him, pushing him in his Buzz Lightyear push toy and dishing out kisses and hugs. So I preceded to change Scouts batteries, but Hayden would not have his precious go under the knife, I mean screwdriver. As soon as Hayden saw me with Scout on my lap he snatched him up and held him for dear life. Trying to take Scout back, I told Hayden that I was going to fix him. Hayden hung onto Scout, fighting tooth and nail. I had to trick Hayden by grabbing the new pack of batteries and putting them close on the bar where Hayden could see them(he loves batteries). Quickly, I unscrewed Scout, which got Hayden's attention, and replaced the batteries. Once the battery cover was off the knowledge that Scout had a place to keep batteries held Hayden's attention until Scout came alive saying "Hi, Hayden." Then Hayden snatched him back up with a huge smile on his face. And he hasn't stop pressing Scout since. I think I am going to have to invest in rechargeable batteries just for my son's green best friend.

No comments: