Monday, July 5, 2010

BAB Week 1 Post Holiday

Can you say blown out of the water? Yep, I'm pretty sure this weekend I blew my calorie intake out of the water. This was my first week with the BAB project and I failed miserably. This weekend I pigged out like no other. Well, it started on Saturday when my husband's sister and kids stopped by. After some laughs and me deciding to go to the library, I was greeted with my husband and SIL's idea of having a BBQ. Now, I'm not big on BBQ but I also didn't want to be a wet blanket and said fine. A quick, small Saturday BBQ so turned into a food festival with ribs, children, sauteed mushrooms and onions, rice, corn on the cob, and garlic bread. Carbs and protein...Carbs and protein...and GLOBS OF FAT! While I knew that I was a diet, I ate like a pig, then went back for seconds and ate like horse!
On Sunday, the Fourth of July, Hayden, my husband, David and I went David's parents for a late lunch. We had tri-tip burgers, corn on the cob, salad, cantaloupe, watermelon, and beans. While I only one tri-tip burger and a small serving of beans, I stolen Hayden's uneaten corn on the cob and stuffed myself with watermelon until it hurt to chase after Hayden. We also had desert. Later that night for fireworks, we went to a friend's cookout, ate there, and had desert too! I probably ate more on that one Sunday I do in a week!
Also I never got to go the gym this weekend, I was just too busy (stuffing my face with more calories, I guess). As you can guess my diet is blown yet I am hopeful to immediately get back on track and work off some of those weekend calories tomorrow on a trail.
So here's to hoping...

No comments: