Thursday, June 10, 2010

Growing up and growing bolder


Hayden had his first birthday about 3 weeks ago and I can surely see a big difference in his persona and abilities. He interacts more; starts games with his Daddy and I; babbles up a storm, throwing a few real words and sounds in there; waves bye-bye without being told to; and gives kisses and blows tummy raspberries. Things he is still doing: running around getting into only everything; taking clothes out of the hamper; calling himself mopping or sweeping with the broom and mop; inspecting the vacuum; and everything in sight.
I took him to the doctor on Saturday the 5th and he is 22lbs 1 oz and 31 inches. since he was last seen at about 10 months he has gained only a pound. But my how he has grown so much in one year he gained 10lbs 7 oz and 10 inches. When I look back at his baby photos its hard to believe he is even the same same baby I brought home on May 22nd, 2009 weighing 7lbs and 10 oz.
Even with experiencing such a lovely first year with Hayden, I was very relieved once his first birthday came and went. We didn't have his birthday party on his actual birthday instead it was on the Saturday after. And can I say that it was an experience. The entire time I was running around doing something. I had to run back and forth between the park and my house several times for presents, for clothes, to air up balloons, even for a can opener. And what sucked the most about the can opener is that because I had to leave one last time to pick someone up it didn't even get used! My husband, who was supposed to be the cook, ended up not cooking most of the things that were supposed to be cooked. I missed the first hour of the party, as soon as I got back I didn't have time to eat instead I was thrust into present opening and, thereafter, cake. I was running around like a chicken with her head cut off and was so tired. Still overall it was a great party and the most important thing of all: Hayden had a nice time. Hey that's all that matters, isn't it?

No comments: