Friday, June 25, 2010

A Better Me

Diet and weight loss, not my two favorite things, but as it seems I am going for both. Now I don't need to lose weight I am not overweight, when I did my Body Mass Index between 21 and 25 is good I am a 23, so right in the middle. Still I think that I need to start to eat healthy, if a few pounds are shed along the way so be it. Another top priority is to get fit. I believe I am in need of a lifestyle change when it comes to food and plan on trying out weight watchers to teach me to eat more healthy in this change.
So what caused such a new beginning in my physical psyche?
When I saw my 1 year old son, plucking a soda can from the box and trying to drink it or him kicking the back of my seat in the car for a french fry when he see a fast food bag, I say I need to practice what I preach. I give my son only healthy foods, while I stuff myself with whatever I feel like, I don't like the hypocritical double standard there. And I think that it is only going to get harder as he grows, I am nipping it in the bud right here and right now.
I am also starting this blog for me. I see myself changing everyday as a person, as a wife, as a mother, and I know it is for the better. My interests, who I am, and what I want are growing, transforming before my eyes, as I grow up and transform. This blog is that journey.
So here it is folks, a new blog to chronicle all the meal plans, the exercise horror stories, the points, the inevitable pitfalls and so much more on my road to becoming...Well...Becoming a better me. One day at a time.

No comments: